Monday, December 8, 2008
The Surpassing Value of Christ - Philippians 3:2-11
Often people excuse selfishness, pride, or evil by claiming their rights. They think, "I can cheat on this test; after all, I myself-I worked hard for it," or "I can spend all this money on myself-I worked hard for it," or "I can get an abortion, I have a right to control my body." But as believers, we should have a different attitude, one that enables us to lay aside our rights in order to serve others. If we say we follow Christ, we must also say we want to live as He lived. We should develop His attitude of humility as we serve, even when we are not likely to get recognition for our efforts. Are you selfishly clinging to your rights, or are you willing to serve?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment